Marine Science Video Series (*In-Class Only* Assignments)
The Marine Science Video Series is a series of videos shared in class to help students tie together concepts taught during each model's lessons. These assignments are only available for students to complete in class for an extra grade. If they are not completed in class, during class time the assignment is excused.
Blue Planet: The Deep
- Why is a submersible needed to descend to the bottom parts of the ocean?
- Why do so many of the animals in the dark zone have red pigment?
- What do animals like the hairy angler depend on instead of sight to locate prey?
- Why are there no plants below 500 meters? What do animals at this depth depend on for food instead?
- Why are the polychaete worms living near the underwater volcanic vent called Pompeii worms?
- The organisms that live around the underwater volcanic vents are completely independent of the sun. What forms the basis of their food web?